One of the things that cushion the effect of recession is adequate investment in real estate. Although being a real estate investor isn’t always glamorous but it’s one of the best way to build wealth over the long-haul, especially for the entrepreneur-minded.
Due to the current economic recession in Nigeria, the value of her real estate has plunged to astonishing depths. As one of human’s basic need a category that includes food and clothing, no matter how much an economy fluctuates, the demand for real estate supersedes.
It’s been observed that many business owners shrug off this concept after the recent downturn in real estate values but let me list a few reasons that may change your mind;
- GAIN MORE LEVERAGE: – Real estate is one of the few investment vehicles where using the bank’s money couldn’t be easier. The ability to make a down payment, leverage your capital, and thus increase your overall return on investment is incredible.
- OPPORTUNITY IN THE FACE OF RECESSION: – There are many ways smart investors take advantage while the economy is low. The truth is it is much more profitable to invest in the real estate sector at a time when the value of land assets is low, as this would give great returns for money once the market eventually picks up. History shows economies in recession, almost, always bounce back. The best advice for investors right now is never let this opportunity pass you by. The wise investor should be looking to acquire properties now they can buy at a fairly low price, for they would undoubtedly be sold at double the amount, if not more, in the foreseeable future.
- A HEDGE AGAINST INFLATION: – Can you imagine paying five thousand naira for a gallon of palm oil? Or two hundred for a sachet of spaghetti? While those prices seem exorbitant to you, this is the reality because of inflation. Inflation is the process by which prices increase due to the value of money decreasing. While most people fear inflation, as a rental property owner, you look forward to it! When the price of a gallon of palm oil hits five thousand naira, guess what else is going to shoot through the roof? Everything, including rents and property values! As inflation pushes the cost of living higher and higher, Real Estate investors cash flow will only increase. This is why real estate is often called “a hedge against inflation.” When inflation hits – I’m ready!
- CONTROL: – I don’t like my destiny tied to a board room. This is why I choose to invest most of my income in real estate, knowing that I am the one who is responsible for my success or failure. If I want a better deal, I need to hustle to find it. If the rental market gets more competitive, I can compensate by increasing my advertising. If values drop, I can choose to wait it out or improve the property to drive the value back up. In other words, I get to control the situation, and my financial future. And that suits me just fine. Don’t think that just by owning some rentals you are instantly going to begin building wealth. Real estate is powerful – but only if you work it right. You must learn how to find great deals, how to evaluate a real.
- CASH FLOW: – Many people invest in rental properties simply because of the cash flow – the extra money that is left after all the bills have been paid. The cash flow can provide ongoing, monthly income that is mostly passive, allowing you to spend your time building a business, traveling or reinvesting in more real estate.
Cash flow from real estate is stable and far more predictable than most other businesses. That’s great for entrepreneurs enduring the ups and downs of start-up life. The cash flow can help float you through the bad times and live well during the good times.
The question is, why not buy properties now they are below their market value, make changes or repairs, actions which would undoubtedly result in an increase in value, and then sell said properties once the economy improves? The wise investor should be looking to acquire properties now they can buy at a relatively low price, for they would undoubtedly be sold at double the amount, if not more, in the foreseeable future.
Take Advantage of our Valentine Promo and Invest in Real Estate for the Future:
VALENTINE SPECIAL OFFER
Buy one plot outright @ N4.32M and get a deep freezer delivered to you within Lagos. A good opportunity for you to own a “SLICE” of Ibeju Lekki also known as “The New Lagos”
Oakwood Gardens Phase 3
Title: Government Excision
Plot Size: 600 Sqm
Location: Free Trade Zone
- Lekki Free Trade Zone – in operation
- Dangote Refineries and Petrochemical – under construction
- Lagos International Golf Courses
- Lagos New International Airport – under construction
- New Lagos Deep and Cargo Sea Ports – under construction
- Pan African University (LBS) – in operation
- 4th Mainland Bridge
- Shoprite Mall, Eleganza Industries, Coscharis Motors
- La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort
- Many other Estates, Industrial and Commercial activities
- Gated Estate
- Perimeter Fencing
- Good Road Network
- Secured Environment
- Electrification and Street Lights
- Water supplies
- Good drainage and sewage systems
- Gardens and Parks
- Shopping Centre, Schools and Clinic etc.
Allocation of plots is on “first come first serve” basis.
No Omo Onile issues.
No Prototype Design, but must follow some set standard to build any home of your choice.
Promo Price: N4.32M only
Buy a plot of land outright and get a family size deep freezer delivered to you within Lagos.
Offer closes on the 28th of February 2017.
Terms and Conditions apply.
For inquiries, site inspections and sales, click here to book an appointment with us. You can also contact Archie on 08028437423, Dolapo on 08172672723 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Available Properties:
1. Oakwood Gardens Phase 1 at Lakowe by Lakowe International Golf Courses, Size: 675 sqm,Title: Governor’s Consent – Price: N12.15M
2. Oakwood Gardens Phase 2 at Lekki Free trade Zone 5 mins from Dangote Refinery, Title: C of O – Price: N5.4M
3. Destiny Gardens at Eluju, Ibeju Lekki, Title: Government Excision, Price: N4.32M
4. Paradise Gardens at Free Trade Zone, Title: Government Excision, Price: N3.15M
5. Tehilla Gardens at Agbala Owerri, Size: 50 ft by 100 ft, Price: N1.62M
6. Open Heavens Estate at Eleranigbe, Ibeju Lekki, Price: N1.35M